Monday, August 13, 2012

Star Light Star Bright

So I admit this is not the most creative idea, but it turned out to be really cute so I'm sharing it anyway.

I read them the poem "Star Light Star Bright" during our space unit. Then we had a quick discussion about wishes.

I had yellow pieces of paper that I had traced stars onto. They cut out the stars which is GREAT for the fine motor skills. It also keeps them busy, and because they get so into it they stay quiet and focussed. It's incredible.

While they were cutting out their stars, I went around asking them what their wish was. If they were confused I brought up disney movies like Cinderella (fairy god mother) or Aladdin (magic lamp) so that they would understand what I meant by a wish.

There were some pretty cute wishes. "I wish the sun would come out" was my favorite. My second favorite was "I wish I could go to A-Po-De-Po." Which meant Home Depot.

Some other good ones were: "I wish I had pizza," "I wish I had a building," "I wish I could go to the stars," "I wish I had a star," "I wish I could go to the candy store."

When we were all done, I hung up their stars. Some weren't cut out very well but I think that makes it even cuter. I also typed up their wishes and put their quote next to their star. I printed the poem and put it in the middle of everything also.

Next time I do this I might let them decorate their stars with glitter. However, it's a rare day that I want to clean up glitter after ten 3yr olds :)

Here's a picture. I blurred out the names even though it's hard to read anything at all. After I took this picture, I added pictures of the kids cutting their stars out. It was really really cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment