Sunday, July 29, 2012

PB&J construction paper sandwiches!

Peanut Butter Jelly Display and Activity for our Food Unit 

We made "PB&J Sandwiches" from construction paper.

My prep included: making bread, jelly, and peanut butter. I cut out square pieces of yellow paper (bread), squiggly shaped red and purple paper (strawberry and grape jelly) and brown squiggly shapes (peanut butter).

I discussed with the kids what each thing represented. When I passed it out, I asked if they wanted strawberry or grape jelly. I also gave them one peanut butter. Then I gave them glue sticks. They did the rest! Some left bread off, or put things inside out. It was very cute to see how each one of them pictures a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Finally, I took pictures of them pretending to eat their sandwiches.

Afterward I hung up this display with pictures of them making it.

*I have blurred out the names that are on their sandwiches and the faces in their pictures so that no child can be identified*



No comments:

Post a Comment